Monday, August 7

Jeremy Huggins, You Are My Hero

Last week I had two days where I did not fly. In fact, my name was not to be found anywhere on the schedule. Now, it is not that I do not appreciate a day off, I love them! But I enjoy just one, not multiple. Just before Electra kicked me out of the house and told me to stop bugging her she came up with one of her customarily brilliant ideas; "You need to find a time consuming hobby."

Now, it is not like I do not already have hobbies. I can never get my hands on enough books, I run, I have used my spare time to this point tilling up every available bit of space in our postage stamp yard in order to plant things, and whenever I am home I am involved in our Church and community Bible study.

What else can I do? I do NEED to learn how to play an instrument, I also need to work on other languages. I enjoy good art and good music. I love beer. "No," she said. You need to find something that takes out some more energy. I am convinced that Electra thinks I have A.D.D.

But then I ran across Jeremy Huggins' current project. Wow. Talk about inspiration. Now if I only had some creative ability..... But no matter...I now know what I am doing in my spare time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kermit,

i don't know if i could have done that AND been married, which is why i rushed around to finish before the marry-ee got to town. now, as you know, the ladies have descended, and i must admit that i'm a bit fearful for our fragile homestead. one too many kathryn-led beverage evenings and shelves and walls might start going all jericho.

Rebekah said...

You could spray it all down with shelaque maybe?