Wednesday, August 9

I Will Trust in His Unfailing Love

One of the unfortunate affects of looking back on your life is the reminder of all the areas that you have fallen short. As Christians we understand that we are fallen and that is only by God's Grace through the death of His Son that "greases our hinges" as it were.

I am always sobered by the ways I have demonstrated time and time again that I am nothing more than a depraved sinner. Though I have been convicted over the years on certain shortcomings and by the Grace of God have been able to overcome a very few of them, there is no shortage of new shortcomings that always crop up.

Thankfully, every few weeks, and yes, it does seem to happen on a cycle, I am driven back to the Cross. This is a good thing. Sure, there is some pain(usually self inflicted) associated with the driving, but the end result is utter peace. I recently ran across an editorial written by Andre'e Seu in the July World Magazine that was expressing this very sentiment. Seems that this dilemma effects more people than just me. Andre'e stated that if we focus on our weakness, our failings, and our losses, we are doomed. Instead we must trust in His unfailing love. What a thought. Though we may fail in most of our endeavors His love is still there and unfailing, even though we are not.

No comments: