Sunday, August 7

On Freedom

We American moderns have taken on the idealogy that to be free implies we can do whetever we, as individuals, deem to be right. We do not have to base what we think to be right on anything substantial. We can base it upon the koran, MTV, the Bible for some, or even just upon on our own whims.
I am afraid that for many, freedom has come to mean that there are not any boundaries, no rules. Indeed, we can act as the typical young child and retort, "it is a free country, I can do what I want."
The freedom that I am writing of today is true freedom, not the freedom we American's love and idealize, but the freedom that comes only from Christ. Galations 5:1- "For Freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." Many self proclaimed "free thinkers" would assert that I am trapped by a dogma that demands my fealty and therefore leaves me trapped and enslaved. Not so! In Christ have I truly found freedom. By giving my heart and desires over to my Creator have I been taken into the arms of a strong tower, a mighty gate.
When the enemy comes late in the night with his lies and antiquated tactics my Defense steps into the gap, like a Marine in full battle dress, and shreds the enemy into a bloody pulp of defeat. You see, my victory is already won!
I pity the poor souls who think they are free. For when the enemy comes in the middle of the night and torments their souls and minds, the only comfort these poor "free" souls can turn to is themselves, bad American beer, drugs, and cheap sex. So be free my dear free-thinking radicals. For the next time the enemy comes for you and drives you to your knees as the poor weak human you are, consider where the True freedom lies and in that acknowledgement, become tuly free.

No comments: