Wednesday, August 17

Clouds breaking

So the sky cleared today. Did it make us any happier? No, not in mere sunniness, for then came the heat. And we complain of being overheated in the humidity after all the storms. Wretched man that you are, can you never be content in any given condition?!

I got to the commisary for potatoes and bananas, comforting staples in the kitchen. First, I took an Americano by the flight room for mi esposo, who to my great satisfaction was actually there (one never knows--it's a 50-50 chance). It's been a gossipy week at work, and I take pleasure in telling him my side of grievances!

I found a good poem, "for winged vision"--

What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage that we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose garden.
~T. S. Eliot

No comments: