Sunday, June 25

"Where There is No Vision, Evil Flourishes" Winston Churchill

The PCA General Assembly was this past week, and though I have not had a chance to talk to our pastor in length about the details, I understand that some good things were discussed. I am thankful that the PCA as a denomination strives to be accountable to God and God alone. With the latest media hubbub surrounding the Episcopal and PCUSA denominations it is a small comfort to know that our Presbyteries are still seeking to "Soli Deo Gloria" vice "Soli Homo Gloria." This is no small feat, and is certainly only by the Grace of God.

This morning in during Sunday School we had the opportunity to pray in small groups. One of the ladies in the small groups I was in was expressing how thankful to the Lord she was that the PCA, our local Presbytery, and our Church community had remained faithful to Scripture and did not bend to the trends of the world. I was struck by this supplication because it reminded me that we do need to pray for the Church. Not just as I do, that the Church fulfill her commission, but that the leaders in our Church communities remain true.

In our fallen condition it is so easy to fall away from True teaching and focus on the wrong things. When coherent vision is lost, opportunities are squandered and ground is lost. This fact has been proven time and time again in government, warfare, families, and even the Church. I am thankful that for the time being Electra and I are able to worship with a community that strives to teach Truth, and I pray that our Church leaders will remain true to their vision. For I have seen what a lack of vision and leadership can do to a Church and her flock...it is not pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen.