Tuesday, June 6

A Breath of Fresh Air

I have finally reconciled my tendency toward nostalgia. I had mistaken it for misplaced feelings or at least thoughts that were not worth the time thinking. C. S. Lewis writes in Mere Christianity, "If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most propable explanation is that I was made for another world." How true. And how settling.

I also firmly would argue that the same sentiment can be expressed when it comes to home. Home is where we are created to be; it is where we grow, learn, love, and live. It is where we find rest and restoration, and it where the courage is mustered to venture out into worlds unknown.

Having had the opportunity to venture home again for the first time in a very long time it is no small comfort to know that I can indeed long for home. It is not only ok, but what we are created to do.

No comments: