Monday, June 12

"What's for dinner?"

"Look on the ceiling--and taste a sample from the counter backsplash," I might as well add. The blender and I did not get on well this evening. I desired smoothly pureed pumpkin curry soup. Nice blender wanted to heave and regurgitate hot soup back out it's lid. So maybe it was too hot. Blenders are supposed to devour and reduce to fine pulp any object one aims to glide smoothly over the palate with titilating silkiness.

Once again, my newly mopped kitchen floor received its fair share of dinner's delightful ingredients tonight.

5 comments:

Liz said...

I do hope that the blender saved a wee bit for you and Eric - the soup sounds heavenly! Wanna share the recipe? (hint, hint...)

Kermit and Elektra said...

Not to worry! I made plenty to share. ;)
~e.

Anonymous said...

Don't foret to hold the lid down next time, always have to when making world famoud Margaritas.

Anonymous said...

Blenders don't like real hot food...try blending before heating?

Anonymous said...

Oops - Potatoe leek soup did that for me. A virtual soup waterfall from the blender. My solution was to buy one of those little handheld blenders that go directly into the pot. Ahh . . . so easy.