Thursday, June 14

Global Warming= Loss of Global Freedom?

I found this piece while looking through the Financial Times. This article is bar none the best I have read on the current global warming debate. It is not a scientific treatise, nor is it an emotional plea. It is instead an article written by Vaclav Klaus, President of the Czech Republic, who has risen through the mud and the muck of world politics and has actually been able to call a spade a spade.

At first I was surprised to see an article like this coming from an Eastern European; but as I thought about it, I realised that this man is among the most qualified as he has seen freedom taken away from the masses based on the whims of a few. I am not a conspiracy theorist, nor will I ever be one, but I become disgruntled when the "enlightened" feel that it is their job to govern the rest of us. Mr. Klaus stated that "Instead of speaking about "“the environment”", let us be attentive to it in our personal behaviour." In this I most wholeheartedly agree. For if we are not disciplined with the liberties we have, there are those who always be ever anxious to take them away.

No comments: