Tuesday, October 24

Fall came to K-ville....



and lasted for about two days... Well, it is cooler which is a very welcome relief. To celebrate, we and our friends held a Fall Festival last Friday eve. It was a glorious affair. We carved pumpkins, ate pumpkin pie, enjoyed good conversation, and held frog races. Yes, frog races.

We were introduced to this fine tradition by our friends from the upper penninsula of Michigan. Known as "Da Yupers" by those close to them, they have certainly added a whole new dimension to the celebration of changing seasons.

The Frog race goes as follows: A circle is made with a rope, or line, that is ten feet in diameter. The frogs are then let go in the middle and the first one out of the circle is the winner. Mine won! In fact, I think he set some sort of frog record; 5.7 seconds from the center of the circle to the outside.

2 comments:

Dorothy Marner said...

That is HILLARIOUS!!! I want to hold a frog contest ... now, for finding some frogs!

Anonymous said...

I remember reading a short story involving frog races, and I think it was by Mark Twain. I will have to look that up. Anyway, I remember thinking it would be hillarious fun to do...and then I forgot about it. I'm so glad y'all had frog races!