Tuesday, February 28

Living the Life

As I have grown older (matured one might say...) I have learned that it is not the one who argues the loudest, puts on the best show, or berates his opponent in the most efficient manner is not the one who ultimately ushers in a change of the heart. In order to effect change we have to enter into the lives of those we hope to persuade and dare I say love them...through the long run. Dr. Tim Keller says: "You need to enter into a person's worldview, challenge that worldview and retell the story based upon the Gospel." Hardly revolutionary...No, now is the time to think reformationally.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric, you sound like George Grant, with the whole "dominion through service" bit. Has the ex-daughter of Isis matured as much as you? --Mr. Gold Schlagger.

Kermit and Elektra said...

I am afarid to say that the ex-daughter of Isis was at my current point of maturity when she was six. ~E

Rachel said...

I would argue that now is the time to think recreationally. It means the same thing and the youthful bombastics and all stem in a sense from us taking ourselves too seriously. But seriously, good post.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Rachel. In fact, she once led The Daughters into my bedroom to paint it pink (while I was gone of course).
Eric said, "In order to effect change we have to enter into the lives of those who we hope to persuade and dare I say love them...through the long run."
I'm thankful for the art of the recreational heart. --Matt Stout

Kermit and Elektra said...

Rachel: bombastically, it's time for a serious road trip!
~K.

Rachel said...

Kelly, 12 days!!!!!!!!!!