Friday, January 6

glaciers in his heart are melting

If you've never seen Ice Age, now's the time, and you will see the essense of doggie animalistic terror written upon the face of Scrat, the prehistoric squirrel. Scrat is the screen-living representation of human frustration. Both Herbie and his new dad are experts in the expression of this wide-mouthed Scrat-scream, since both their lives are filled with little daily frustrations.

Tonight was the night that Herbie crossed the line of Scratty new house pet to playfellow: he's already chasing, leaping and catching bones midair, reducing the king and queen of the house to floor-roiling packmates.

2 comments:

Dorothy Marner said...

I watched Ice Age for the first time over Christmas with my sister, Patrick, and Dad. It was HILLARIOUS and I want very much to see Ice Age II now.

On the topic of great animation: I watch a portion of Madgascar on the base TV in the BX the other day with Patrick and his brother and sister-in-law and am convinced that I missed out by not having seen it in its entirety yet!

I'm thinking I should let a little more of the above into my otherwise steady diet of Blue, White, Red, Red Violin, and To Kill a Mockingbird watchings!

Kermit and Elektra said...

Totally. The world of children's movies is akin to the pleasure of reading children's books. Until Eric came along, I was getting to be a "deep movie" snob--like when we watched Shrek with Graeme and Corrie, I thought it was a silly waste of time and refused to see humor in it. :)
~K.