Wednesday, January 18

down by the Frio

On Martin Luther King Jr's birthday, we celebrated on the Frio River, first running long distances of road winding through the Hill Country, eating large amounts of panckaes, and finally getting down to the river, where Aunt Paula suggested we launch one of their kayaks to test Herbie's sea legs. Eric took him out first, then I followed up with my first ride in the slender water craft. Even with cool, cloudy skies, the paddling is great fun, and now we have to find sea kayaks to take out on the Bay!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm supposed to ask if Eric has been on "the boat" yet. Meaning aircraft carrier?

Kermit and Elektra said...

Rachel,
I qualify at the boat late this Summer/Early Fall. It is the last step to getting my wings.
PS~ Kel loves her new journal.
~Eric

Rachel said...

Fantastic! It was so her.