Monday, March 28

Ashamed....Of What?

I noticed today that when the U.S. Soccer team competed against Mexico in Mexico Easter Sunday they were greeted with boos, chants of Osama!, Osama!, and refused to stand and continued booing while the National Anthem was played. I suppose that we Americans should stand with our heads drooped in shame at the success we have been able to achieve by the Grace of our Heavenly Father. Heck NO!!
It is understood now that when you travel to locals in Europe; places such as Germany, France, or England....who, correct me if I am wrong, we saved from complete anhilation no less than 60 years ago. And it is Germany who is profiting from the economic strength we gave her...after we rid her of tyranny...
Ahh.....so soon we forget. When you travel to these supposed friendly nations you are advised to not let on that you are American, lest you feel the wrath that your allies feel towards you for your success...and conviction to uphold a standard for (T)?truth in this modern world.
Well, not me ladies and gentlemen. I am proud to be an American, "where at least I know I am free." We Americans do have an obligation to uphold the standards that we so proudly bear. This does not mean that we should flaunt our position, but we should stand behind it proudly. So the next time you are taunted by a foreign nation, don't let the fear of being a harbinger of justice bring you down. Relish in our God given position and look for further ways to increase the influence we, as the United States of America, have on less fortunate nations.

No comments: