Tuesday, November 28

Lady Red Hawk Day

Look what Electra did today!! I'm the one in the back of the jet. We got to taxi on the runway and make a half-takeoff (not actually leave the ground) then saw behind the scenes in the control towers and even got in the simulators, where I got landed on the carrier! The simulated catapult wasn't so hot; I flipped my jet into the blue yonder right off the edge of the boat!My big red wings callsign: "Belle." Boards was one of the volunteer van drivers, a great tour guide if you ever need one. He's very patient with giggly girls in baggy, hiked-up rolled flight suits!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a ride too.

Counting Our Blessings said...

Looks like fun...sure wish we could be there with y'all right now but I look forward to hearing about it in a few weeks! P.S. Gilbert really really really wants to go flying in one of those jets sometime. Think you can work it out? He already has the flight jacket:)

Counting Our Blessings said...

Looks like fun...sure wish we could be there with y'all right now but I look forward to hearing about it in a few weeks! P.S. Gilbert really really really wants to go flying in one of those jets sometime. Think you can work it out? He already has the flight jacket:)