Saturday, September 16

Confessions

We like to write our deepest thoughts and reveal our innermost secret selves--to the right unassuming, non-invasive, sensitive crowd. In Confessions of an Organized Homemaker, Deniece Schofield reveals that the dirt in her house provoked a radical rebellion in her psuedo-messy life: throw out the perfectionism. She preaches the professional approach to housework. Make into a science what one always thought mundane. Of her top Six Principles of Organization, my favourites are "Be motion minded"--store things where you use them, and have duplicate copies of things to store at the place of useage--and "Use accrued benefits," ie., form good habits for the every-day jobs we do. Before I can get control of my house, I have to get some control of myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted a toothbrush in the shower and by the sink! I want two.
I've not read this book but I have always wanted to organize by where things are used. When did we get so regimend (sic) about where things are supposed to go? I want my computer on the kitchen counter. Or atleast suspended a few inches above. :)