Friday, July 14

It was morning and evening...

the First Week. I survived the first 6 days of summer ESL school. I went beyond survival to super girl. I found out I could mop a floor at 5:30 am, bathe the dog at 6 and be ready to leave the house by 7:15. I can go all day teaching 4 hours of reading to highschoolers with shaky language skills, staff meetings, wash a load of clothes upon arriving home while fixing an early dinner for 5 couples, host a Bible study, finish with a clean kitchen while spending quality time with friend and walk the dog 2 miles before bed. All in one day.

The skill of multipacking a day's agenda is old hat to old moms and the genius skill of young professionals. But I am neither professional nor a mom. I've learned some new ways of living and wonder about it.

If you've read Falling (Colin Thubron), do you find yourself thinking like Clara--"as if thought, like everything else, must be applied with a serene and exclusive concentration....I imagined...,Clara the Swallow could not perform her act this week, due to thought. It is hoped, however, by next week..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

E - come home to Charlotte, we need you to help us do half as much:)

Rebekah said...

My, you're looking domestic this morning. Kelly I MISS you--can't wait to see you in MO!!

Kermit and Elektra said...

I look forward to seeing you, too! We will be the Eye upon RAhab. >:)