Tuesday, October 25

What do you do with answered prayers?

Last night my greatest and most dire prayer to date was answered. It was a plea that I had been asking for since I was a young boy. Of course there have been many other important prayers that have been on my heart over the years. In fact, in the great scheme of things, this prayer has little ramification (that I can see) other than the fulfillment of a boy's dream.

What do you do when a prayer is answered? Do you sacrifice the fatted calf? Do you pledge your unborn children to God? Vow to never drink again? (wait, that may be too much) Again and again, the answer is a resounding no.

All God asks of us is to Glorify Him and enjoy Him forever. And so, though I have in the past, I shall once again pledge my work to the Lord and to His Glory. For I was taught once, and reminded again of, the wise words of Micah 6:8- ...What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (ESV) Fair enough!

5 comments:

Liz said...

What happened?!?! Does it having something to do with where you'll be moving?

Patrick Poole said...

Congrats, Eric. You have pursued your dreams with a singular passion (though picking up a wife along the way), and you are about to reap the rewards for your diligence. Bully for you! You're my hero...for at least the next day :-)

Kermit and Elektra said...

I thought the wife part was the dream! No jets are taking her place on the hearth. >:)

~K.

Rachel said...

Go Kelly!

Anonymous said...

Eric - First: Congrats!

Second: I met your parents today in downtown Franklin at the Pub. Great people!

Third: I want a ride. I know I'm lucky to be able to drive race cars, but part of me, since a boy, has always longed for the freedom of the skies. And nothing says freedom like 22,000 pounds of thrust, Mach 2 and 10 G turns!