Sunday, June 5

A Good Book

Sunday Morning is my time to catch up the latest bits of news, blogs, and readings of my favorite thinkers. (Before service of course...) This morning I was looking at the summer reading lists of a few folks and felt suddenly sorry for myself. Among their lists were the descriptions of how they were planning on reading them, i.e., on the porch, in a hammock, in the local coffee shop, etc. How I wish I could join them!
My summer reading has, and will, consist of weaponry, tactics, and aircraft systems. I can tell you anything you want to know about the T-37, but I am afraid I will be a bit behind on the latest discussion of Chesterton. I am reading a book by Ravi Zacharias two pages at a time before I pass out at night, however, so I guess that is something.
And so, my dream of growing older does not neccessarly fit in with the dreams of my peers. I do not wish for a giant house in the right neighborhood, nor do I dream about the great vacations that await. I simply look forward to sitting on my back porch, or the local coffee shop and reading a great book.

No comments: